In last 40 years SEDT has been worked for more than 365 villages in 15 blocks on various socio-economic problems.
While working for destitute children, we realize that the area where we are working is of the poorest and deprived are of Maharashtra. SEDT then enhanced its scope and build bridges for socio-economic development of the region.
At SEDT, we channelize our energies into making difference to the people who need it most. The development initiatives focus primarily to build dynamic and vibrant community structures and empower children, women and society at large for socio-economic development.
SEDT’s Areas of Focus
- Women Empowerment and Entrepreneurship
- Sanitation, Drinking Water and Watershed Development
- Community Health and Hygiene -HIV AIDS Awareness
- Youth Development and Building Social Structures and platforms
- Agriculture and Alternatiive Livehoods
- Tribal Development and Natural Resources Management
- Integrated Rural Development
- Education and Child Rights Protection – Elimination of Child Labor and Development in quality education
We believe the collective, definite and progressive efforts will certainly enrich lives of people and overcome poverty, inequality and disparity in the society.
Socio Economic Development Trust – SEDT is a registered NGO established in 1980 with an aim to make difference in the life of people in rural area of Parbhani district of Marathwada region of Maharashtra state. Since then, Kerwadi is the central place of its function.
It all started with a dream to provide a safe and secure shelter for destitute children. Swapnabhoomi is the dream we live with the children at Kerwadi. SEDT then enhanced its scope and build bridges for socio-economic development of the region. It is committed to work for poor and marginalized communities and make a difference in their lives.